I'm Thomas - a software developer and devops engineer from the UK who's passionate about computers, technology, and science in just about all forms. I started writing code at about 6 or 7 years old - on an Atari ST and DOS PCs, and haven't been able to stop ever since!
In my spare time, I'm quite busy in online communities - technical, and otherwise!
My interests include:
- Photography - particularly plants, motorsport, and astrophotography
- Motorsports - especially Formula 1 and the Williams F1 team
- Electronics and hardware design
- Gaming, especially retro gaming (think GameCube and older!)
I'm also a strong advocate for self-hosting - if you have the time, it is an excellent way to learn new things, it is often cheaper, and gives much more control over your data and your privacy.
I currently run a development team writing web applications for the hospitality industry, but I have experience with many industries and technologies.
My main technologies of interest currently are:
- AWS, particularly involving containerised or serverless apps
- Infrastructure-as-Code tooling, such as Terraform, OpenTF, Pulumi, and the AWS CDK
- Linux platforms, including Docker and Podman
- Python 3
- .NET and C#
- MySQL and MariaDB
I also have experience with:
- Desktop app development for Windows using C/C++/C#
- ASP.NET on Linux and Windows Server
- Small and medium business networking
Starting at a young age with older technology has given me a wide pool of knowledge to draw from when designing, writing, and debugging software & hardware problems.
If you want to get in touch, I'm available by email at email@example.com.
My PGP key fingerprint is:
ADF85A24 A73E95DF ED2756A0 C4424E87 16CD1479
Why so much blue?
I like blue.